Monday, July 6, 2015

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!









The fourth was great here, we had a confrance call with all the Americans in our mission (i dont know how but the AP elder did it) and we listened to national authem; It was awsome to be able to have that moment, to feel a little part of home for a second! :) I never realized hoe much I LOVE the fourth of july until i wasnt there. :) but we had a BBQ still. One of the members in our ward served in the US and so we all went to his house and had a huge BBQ lunch together and it was great! :) 

This week was transfers! So it was CRAZY, but also super great!!! :) I stayed here in Curris Novos, My new comp is Sister Guimaraes! Shes great! She is the only new misisonary that came into our district, everyone else stayed! We have all gotten super close, its like a little family here!! :)

This week we started teaching a girl names Maiara! She is living with a member and has already been to church a couple times. We started teaching her and she has been hooked from the start. In the first lesson she said the closing prayer and after she started crying, then she looked at me and said "I have never felt so happy in my life." We have kept teaching her and she keeps feeling the spirit and the love that the lord has for her. She wrote on a paper "How i know the church is true.... because the spirit told me and i felt a warm wonderful feeling in my heart!" she is AMAZING!! We are working to prep her to get baptised this week! :) 

We meet a women names Maria Valda! She is awesome! We were walking past her house and i looked in and saw her door was open.. I kept walking and then had the feeling "go back" and so we went back. She was AWESOME! in the first contact she gave us 3 other people to go visit and invited us to come back. We went back and started talking with her, she is a woemn with ALOT OF FAITH. I am excited to keep working with her and help her with the questions that she has. 

Senhor Pedro was confirmed a member of the church sunday!!! He was so happy! after the blessing he went and shook hands with almost everyone in the room. He was smiling so big and the spirit was so strong!! Elder Ifran brought him a tie, because he always comes to church in a white shirt, and now he is ready for church every sunday!! :)

This week was great and I am so excited for a new week of work and meeting new people! :) I love seeing the hand of the Lord in our work everyday! I know he is with us every second!! :) 

I love you all so much! praying for you! :)

xoxo
Sister Hernandez

Pics of Joãos 3rd birthday! (he is the son of a recent convert! Ariana who i love with my whole heart!!!) (Also João thinks that missionaries are just more jungle gyms to play with and is always climbing all over everyone. he is a little ball of crazy, love him!!)
Selfies for days... with my comp and Maiara!
Senhor Pedro in his tie!
our 4th of july party!

No comments:

Post a Comment