Friday, January 2, 2015

Group email 1/2/15

New Years was alot different for me this year haha! no parties or dancing for me. we had a good time thought and went to bed at 1030. they shoot off fireworks here non stop for like 4 hours. and they were so loud. i ended up sleeping fine and that was a mericle but my comp said she was up all night cause she couldnt sleep. all the fireworks sound like gunshots... or maybe they are gunshots.. JUST KIDDING! but seriously sometimes i cant tell haha.  We got two new missionaires from provo in our district this week. Sister Scott and Elder Baliach, Elder Baliach is the same week as us and going to NATAL!!! so we know have 4 of the 8 of us going to Natal cause it is the best mission in brazil haha. and once he got here he said (do you know a sister knapp) and i said yes and he was like (she said hi, i ran into her into the bookstore and when she found out i was serving in natal she freaked out and told me to tell you hi) i seriously got way more happy then i shoulda. haha i found out this week that it gets as hot at 130 degrees out there. one of the instructors that comes into our classroom alot served there and said it gets SUPER HOT. and everytime i tell someone that is where i am serving they always without fail laugh and say that it is so hot and that i am giong to come back black. (I am sorry i am not putting these into paragraphs and there is no smiles. the return button doesnt work and i dont know how to make a smile.. BUT I AM HAPPY!) This week we had some serious funny moments while teaching in a trio.. and this will show you how the language goes sometimes too. first it started in TRC (they record thoes lessons so you can watch them over) my comp sister illu was sharing a scripture in Enos and she was saying enos.. enos.. enos.. ANUS.. trying to pronouce it right.. and i am 5 years old and started to giggle.. then i looked over and sister herbert and she just had her hand over her face and was seriously doing EVERYTHING she could to old it together and not loose it in the lesson. i seriously didnt talk for like 3 min cause i knew if i opened my mouth i was giong to loose it. we watched the video after and i was SO obvious. but in brazil that isnt a word so the guy was just looking at me and sister herbert like we were crazy.. thats what teaching members is for here in the MTC right? to get that practice so that in the feild that doesnt happen. This week was a little sad cause my two favorite districts (besides my own) both left into the feild, one was a group of 13 boys and the other had a trio of sisters and our zone leaders. they were all so amazing. it was hard saying bye but they are going to do so great, and hopefully they can let me know how the language is outside of here. some of my friends got to spend new years in RIO. so thats really cool haha! my district have now become some of the oldest Americans here. we have one other district that is above us in our zone and they leave this week so that is going to be crazy werid. I feel like my language wasnt coming along super well, but when the new missionaries came from provo we were all talking, and they know a little more gospel words then us, but we all know a TON more conversation words and can talk with brazilians easier. i think that was a huge part of being in the brazil MTC that has helped cause i talk with brazillians everyday. we sit with them at meals and work out with them. they are all become such good friends to me I love it. and we can hardly communicate. i cant imagine how good of friends il lbe with them once we can actually talk. so many of them said that they want to come visit me once i ge home cause they all want to come to utah. there is a sister here names sister hernandez, shes in the spanish zone, but she is seriously.. maybe 4 ft 7. so small. and she is my little sister out here. we tell everyone we are sisters who were swtiched at birth. haha. my comps always laugh at me cause the brazillians like me so much. i think it is cause when i talk to them im really loud (like them) and i act out what i am trying to say soo i look crazy.. haha. i think sister illu is going to be my lifelong friend forever. seriously we are two peas in a pod. i am so thankful i got such an amazing comp to start me off. we tell eachtoher everything and can communcate with a look.. who woulda thought that after only 3 weeks huh? its the constant together thing. the language is coming alot, i do full lessons with only scripture referances now. THATS HUGE. i still dont get everything accross that i would like to, but me and sister illu have a way of bringing the spirit in so it doesnt really matter cause you can feel what i want to say.. if that makes any sense. dont worry about me here! i am good.. the food is weird and we eat meat like its water but i have started eating mainly fruits and stuff and a little meat cause they just do way to much.. but the elders love it haha. i miss you guys and love you all so much. i hope this emails isnt annoying to read without paragraphs. I LOVE YOU GUYS. i think about you all all the time. and pray for you like 50 times a day cause thats how much missionaries pray haha. remeber to make some goals this new year and to be a better person then you were last. thats the whole motto here. you cant change yesterday, and cant preditct tomorrow, so just do what you can now. I LOVE YOU. sista hernandez (arrie) haha it is still weird saying sister to me haha.






No comments:

Post a Comment