Thursday, January 22, 2015

I AM IN THE FEILD!!

I AM IN THE FEILD!! how did this time actually come, i have no idea, i seriously feel like i just got into the CTM and how I am a "real" missionary. this week was good, it was really hard leaving sister Illu, and the rest of my district, but luckily i got to fly to Natal with three of the elders in my district so that saved me. I would have died if I didnt fly with them.
The first night was SUPER overwhelming, I was the only american sister for a really long time. and then a group of sisters who were leaving showed up at the mission home, there were two americans, but they both spoke portuguese. one sister, Sister Flemming, sat by me at dinner and spoke to me in english and anwered all my questions and then said the whole "it gets better and easier talk" right now i think shes crazy, but i have faith it will get easier. That night we had a small apartment with like 20 sisters in it.. and i was the only one who didnt speak portuguese. you know that outgoing crazy arrie you all know.. yeah..I am not that here. yet. 
then i got my trainer, she is really nice, her name is sister Moreles, she is a brazillian. she is really sweet and SUPER paticent. so far at least. she has trained 2 americans before me so she understands where i am coming from a little. i feel a little behind in the language but that should hopefully all change with time. all the american missionaries i have talked to in my mission say the first week is SUPER hard, then the first three months are hard, and then it is easier. so i am just going to have to wait that out and study hard. 
we are living in an apartment with two other girls, sister rios is one of them and she speaks fluent english. she lived in DC for a year and a half so that is really nice, she has helped me alot with translating and stuff. my trainer speaks a little bit of english too, she helps me and i help her. she REALLY helps me. 
it is really hot here, haha like 110 degrees, so thats really different, i have been drinking water bottles like crazy, the hard thing is you have to buy all the water so i feel like water will be an expensive thing for me. but is is worth it. 
i am really excited and really nervous, we are opening a new area so we are looking for all new investogators. that is going to be interesting, i dont know how to do that really, so i am following my trainer around like a little puppy dog. 
she only has 3 more months on her mission and she will spend those last three months training me, so i have to learn the language fast and make it a good last three months for her.
im working hard, in the heat! dont worry about me, I love you guys so much and miss you all so much. 
xoxox
sister hernandez

1 comment:

  1. Love this and you Sister Hernandez!! Keep up the hard work, it will pay off. As your language skills grow, so will your confidence to let your personality shine. Don't worry, the people you come in contact with will "feel" your spirit and testimony even if they don't quite understand what you are saying. We love you and are praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete