Monday, January 25, 2016

so. much. rain.

I am in MossorĂ³. It has been 3 years without rain in this city. And I
think this week made up for it. SO MUCH RAIN. Sis. J Baker and I would
leave the house and within 30 seconds we were soaked. It looked like
we jumped into a pool or took a shower. This is great cause the city
needs water. But hard cause no one wants to leave their house. But we
still have the honor to have 5 people at church, even with all the
rain.

it was funny as we walked in the street and were trying to take people
to church they said "no i wont go to church, it is cold in the rain"
and me and my companion just looked at them shivering, soaking wet and
said "really, we didnt notice." i have no doubt pepole think we are
crazy for walking in the rain and trying to get people to church. But
we do what we gotta do.

We are teaching an AMAZING family. Paulo, Kezia (his wife) and Carol
(his sister) Paulo and Kezia have two kids. and they are the cutest
family ever. You know that feeling when you enter someones house and
just KNOW that they will be members of the church. This is how I feel
about this family. We taught them alot this week and Paulo is looking
for a way to repent of the things from his past and be a better person
(BATISMO) They came to church this week IN THE RAIN. and loved it.
Keep them in your prayers and thoughts this week.

This week we also had the chance to watch a conferance for all the
missionaries in the world. It talked about being converted and helping
others be converted. That we teach repentance and baptise converts. It
made me think alot about he work we are all doing. Our work is to
change the lifes of the people we meet. It is funny cause everyday me
and my companion talk to people who are suffering and want to leave
their sins and be new. but they dont know how. i am so thankful for
this knowlegde that we have, that through the atonement we can be new.
We can be better. We can help others know this too.

I love being a missionary. I love this work. If I could rent a plane a
put a banner in the sign telling everyone what i know i would. I want
his happiness for everyone. I want this hope for everyone.

Elder Neil A. Anderson said something that touched me. He said "It
doesnt matter how much we talk about Christ. It isnt enough." We need
to share what we know at all times. Live what we believe always.

This week my scripture is 1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship
with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from
all sin.


have an amazing week!!! :):):)

bejio!
xoxo
Sister Hernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment