Monday, February 1, 2016

making 15 year old boys cry..

This week was so busy. I told Sister J Baker yesterday. I feel like SO
MUCH has happened in so little time.

I got sick this week. So I had to spend one day just sick.. it was a bummer.

It was also transfers, I will stay with sister J baker until the end
of her mission! whooo!!

This week we had so many miracles. But I wanted to share a lesson that
we had with Gabriel and Luis Neto. Fernanda, a women in our ward
brought her two nephews to church with her this week. So we went over
and were talking to them, and marked to stop by their house after
church and teach them. They are two young men, Gabriel has 15 years
and Luis Neto has 12.

We went to Fernandas house and were getting to know them, and then we
started to teach about the restoration. The moment we said the opening
prayer the spirit was THERE. Gabriel and Luis were focues on every
word we were saying, it was like there was nothing else more important
in the world then the words that were coming out of our mouth. We
explained everything, how Jesus organized his church and how in the
apostasy the church was lost and they understood everything. We taught
about Jospeh Smith and the fist vision and how he was called as a
prophet. We taught about the Book of Mormon. How is the fruit that
everything we were saying is true.

In the closing testimonies, I started. I shared how I knew this is the
church of Jesus Christ. I shared how I know the Book of Mormon is
true. I shared how the gospel has changed my life. Then Fernanda
shared her testimony. Then Sister J. Baker. The spirit was so strong,
EVERYONE has tears in their eyes. We invted them to be baptised. They
both said yes, and Gabriel started to cry. He said he doesnt doubt
anything that we said and that he knows it is true and that he would
pray to know more.

I have taught about the resteration 100 times. Every time the spirit
is strong. But this time was different. As I looked into the eyes of
these two young men, I could see them one day on a mission. I could
see them recive the answers they have been looking for. It is amazing
the Lord prepares some people so young. But I am so greatful to be a
part of this amazing work.

Teaching them reminded me of my two younger brothers. I couldnt help
but feel greatful for them. The choices they are making, Kory
preparing for a mission and Aaron being the amazing boy he is. How
thankful I am for my family.

This week was full of tender mercies. I am so thankful to see the hand
of the lord in my life.

xoxo.
Sis. Hernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment