Tuesday, February 16, 2016

carnaval

This week was the beloved carnaval.
(ps. happy valintines day to all, and 22 years of marriage to my dear parents)

So we had to stay inside for a few days. I went a little crazy being
inside our house for so long. I think Sis. J Baker and I watched all
the church flims inside our house.

But thankfully, carnaval finished and we were able to work again. I
think because we stayed inside for so long Sis. J Baker and I had so
much fire to work. We walked so much this week. and I think the sun
was extra hot. But this week was amazing.

We are teaching a brother and a sister. David and Ester. They are
great. They are really open with us and have alot of questions. We
took them to a familly night at the house of a member and they loved
it, they came to church with us and loved it. They are so great. I am
excited about teaching them and helping them understand the gospel a
little better. Their mom was active in the church when they were
younger, but after their parents got devorced they stopped going to
church.

We are still teaching Luis Neto and Gabriel. The two young men who are
amazing. Gabriel went to the beach to work carnaval, so we were only
able to meet with Luis Neto. We asked him how he was feeling about
baptism. He said he was a little nervous, (but then he said the cutest
thing) he said "I am excited and nervous about my baptism.. but really
nervous about my mission." it was so sweet, we told him he still has a
few years to worry about his mission. He is such an amazing kid.

There is a little boy named Nadson who lives behind the church. he
ALWAYS goes to chuch. he loves the church. he goes to all the meetings
and activitys, so we started to teach him. He is the sweetest boy who
just wants to be good. You guys know that kid, who has the desire to
be good and do the right thing, but it is so hard for him. so we
played a "game" with him during sacrament metting, we wrote "Jesus
Christ, God, Sunday, Service, Holy Ghost" on a paper. And every time
he heard one of these words he had to make a tally. Do you believe
this kid sad still the WHOLE meeting with that paper paying attenion.
it was the sweetest thing.

This week I am thankful for the miracles that we have in our lives
everyday. I would write every miracle that happens but there wouldnt
be enough time nor enough space. I litteraly see the hand of God in
our work as missionaries. I see how he helps and guides us to the
people who are waiting for the message that we have. I know the
blessings of the gopsel is what makes me so happy. I just wanna share
this with EVERYONE.

I love you all, have an amazing week.
até mais

xoxo
sister hernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment