Monday, May 9, 2016

Feliz dia das mães.







HAPPY LATE MOTHERS DAY!

It was amazing to talk to my family yesterday.  I love you all so
much, even though you are all very trunky. ;) It was crazy to me to
see you all, because I will be coming home so soon. But it made me
excited to work had for these last two weeks of my mission.

This week was full of miracles. I am super excited cause we are
teaching an amazing family.

There is a recent convert names Joicer. He has a house FULL of people
to teach. He has an amazing story. When the sisters first met him he
was a drunk that didnt want anything to do with anything. The sisters
invited him to come to church and be bapised. He never drank again. It
has been about 2 months since he has been baptised and his whole
family is seeing the change in his life and want to know what the
"mormon" church is all about. We started teaching his wife, Cledie,
his daughter Raquely, his Brother Nazaraino, his niece Joice and his
sister in law Jose.

Cledie goes to another church (Deus de amor (Gods Love)) and Jose goes
to the church Universal. They were both very closed minded about the
Church of Jesus Christ, but both warmed up to the idea after seeing
the change in Joicer.
Joice has already been to church a couple times and is preparing to be
bapised this week. She is amazing. She is a young women who has so
much faith and the biggest desire to do what is right. This week we
took her and her dad on a special tour of the chapel. The spirit was
so strong as we showed them the baptismal font and talked about
baptism. They both want to be baptised. Nazaraino needs to get married
first. But it is amazing so see a family come closer together throught
the gospel of Jesus Christ.

We invted Jose to visit church this sunday, and she did NOT want to.
Sunday morning we passed by there house to invite one more time.

So we went to church without them.. I was sitting there. A little sad
that they hadnt come with us. And I heard the door open. I saw EVERY
SINGLE ONE OF THEM come in and sit with us. It was a miracle. I
humbley said thank you to my Heavenly Father and almost jumped for joy
in the middle of the meeting.

I love being a missionary. And I love teaching families.

This week was our leadership meeting. It was so fun to see everyone
for my last leadership meeting. At the end of the meeting they opened
the time for the people who will be going home this transfer to bare
their testimonies. It was a powerful moment when we all got up and
were able to share the amazing experiences that we all had. I felt a
feeling of peace when i bore my testimony. I felt happy to know that
my Heavenly father is happy with the work I did.

I love you all so much.
Here are some pics from our leadership meeting.

xoxo
Sister Hernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment