Monday, May 16, 2016

wedding planner

This week was BUSY.

We started off the week having interviews with President Soares. He is
doing his last round of interviews because he will be leaving next
month. (it is so werid to me that him and sister will be leaving the
Brasil Natal Mission. He was the frist president) I sat down to talk
to him iand he said "Sister Hernandez, I dont have anything more to
say to you, you have been an amazing missionary. Now just keep working
hard for these next short weeks." Then we both started laughing and
talking about how fast the time has gone. My interview was short cause
next week will be my final interview. But i was amazing to talk to him
a little. He has been an amazing President. I am thankful to have
served with him.

We have been working hard. We are still working with Joice and her
family. She wants to be baptised, but her mom is having a hard time
because she goes to a different church. We went to their house and
taught an amazing lesson about The Restoration and how we now have the
preisthood authority to seal families for eternity. The spirit was
strong, and testified to their hearts that it is true. I am praying
that Jose (Joices mom) can soften her heart and let Joice be baptised.
And that we can help Jose and her "husband" get married and start
their eternal family.

We are still working with Cledie. She is amazing. She goes to all the
church activities and is super acvite in the church. She acts and
looks like she is already a member. She would have been baptised this
week but her husband (who is a recent convert) was in the hospital
becuase of a heart problem. Cledie wanted to wait to be baptised until
her husband could watch. So we marked the baptism to be this week once
he comes home. She is amazing. I am so excited for her.

On my mission there have been times when I have felt like a wedding
planner, trying to get everyone married. (Because there is a problem
here where no one wants to get married, everyone is just together)
This week, my title as a wedding planner went to another level. The
Elders had a wedding. They helped and amazing couple get married and
baptised. The members of the ward threw an amazing party to celebrate
this special moment. Sister V. Lopes and I were in the middle of
planning this party, and on the night of the wedding we were all over
the place serving dinner and cake and the little treats, we were
passing out soda and water and juice.

It was alot of fun to be a part of such a special day to such a
special family. We were very tired after it was all over.

I am working hard and excited to have another week to give all I have.

I love you all!

xoxo
Sister Hernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment