Monday, May 2, 2016

Little Children







This week was amazing, it was busy with alot of work.

I did splits with Sister Morais. She is in the ward Pirangi, an area
where I have already worked. It was AMAZING to go back and see my
recent converts and the people that I love so much who live there.

I was able to see Ramon, who is now preparing to serve a mission here
in a few months. He is super active in seminary, he is amazing.

I was able to see Gilcelia, who is serving in the primary and going to
the temple to do baptisms and planning the mission of her 3 year old
son.

I was able to see other people who I started to teach and werent
baptised but then were baptised after I left.

I love going back to old areas and seeing the fruits of our labor.

This week was Stake Conference. It was amazing to watch and learn from
the local leaders. There was one leader who spoke about when Jesus was
teaching and the little children tried to talk to him. The diciples
pushed the little children away and Jesus invited them to come to him.
She asked the crowd the moments when we feel like little children.
People commented things like "When we are coming back to church" "When
we are a recent convert" "When we dont know what to do with our
children" "When we are scared"

She then related this statement to us, as adults, that we need to
allow the "little children" come unto Christ. We need to help the
people who are struggling to come unto our savior. WE need to help
them realize that they are welcomed in the church, and they are
welcomed in our homes, and that we are here to help them.

It made me take a step back and look at my life, the moments when I
felt like a "little child" and when someone helped me. When they
really were living what they believed and helped me feel the love my
savior has for me.

I am so thankful for this gospel of second chances.

I love you all so much! Thank you for the love and support! :)

xoxo
Sister Hernandez

Here are some pictures of me and my district.
Elder C. Silva, Elder Mehl, Elder Petter, me and Sister Lopes

No comments:

Post a Comment