Monday, May 4, 2015

Hello!!
















 
HELLO MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

I am sorry I am wrolds worst emailer this week. But I am running out of time! :(

This week Sister Porter and I were walking down the street and out of no where she said "lets knock on this door" while we were standing on the street. Now, it is not normal here to knock on doors, and is the least effective way to find people. But she had a prompting so we did it. KNOCK KNOCK!! (taht is really just clapping your hands in the door way) 3 kids came to the door (11, 16, and 17) and they were AMAZING! we talked and they invited us to come back, so the next day we came back to their house and their moms were there (the house is two sisters who live togehter with their kids cause they arent married) THIS IS THE BEST FAMILY EVER! they asked us so many qustions, and then invited us back!! Sister M. Baker and I went back to teach (cause sister Porter was sick) and we taught them the first lesson about the restoration, and everyone was there, and all their cousins. We invited the 7 of them who were there to baptism and they all said YES!! I am so excited to keep teaching this family! they are so amazing and ask so many qustions about the lessons and have such a desire to learn!! :)

This week when I did a Contact (invite to chuch) to a man on the streeet-
He was sitting on the street, and he didnt look homless or anything so I walked up to him and asked him if he wanted to go to church.. and he said "I have not left this spot in 15 years." and me and my comp looked at eachother like.. "okay" and in my head I thought of the song "going back to the corner where I first saw you gunna back up my sleeping bag im not gunna move" and not everytime we see him we both this of this song! and he hasnt moved. 

My comp Sister Porter got really really sick for two days this week :( and we had to stay inside. It is always a bummer to stay inside but now she is healthy and we are going to work full force this week!! :)) 

So the APs were in our Zone this week helping us out, and when they were leaving they were waitng at the bus station and couldnt leave, but they were hungry and asked if we could bring them some food. (because our house is super close to the bus station) So we tried calling members and seeing if they had anything but no one answered so we thought "We can cook for them" So me and my comp, we tired making pankcakes.. and they were HORRIBLE. and we GAVE them to the AP's.. So if they die its our falut. 

We have a hard time getting people to chuch, but this week we had an investogator at chuch! and it was amazing!! But we worked so hard this week and João came to chuch!! I am so excited. I know that when we are doing our part the lord does his. As long as we are giving him everything we got. I have learned that so much on the mission and this week; that as long as we do our part, everything will work out in the end. God is aware of us, and he love us. We are his children and he will always be here to help us and answer our prayers. I am so thankful for knowing that when I will do my part that everything will be okay. I know that we will have success here in our area, we just need to keep postive and working!! :))

I love my companion! :) 

xoxoxo

Sister Hernandez

I AM SO PUMPED FOR MOTHERS DAY THIS SUNDAY!! WHOO!! :):):):) 

No comments:

Post a Comment