Monday, October 5, 2015

CONFERANCES!!






 
 

This week was a week full of conferance. We had our Zone Conferance
with all of the missionaries who are in the Capital! 4 Zones. It was
amazing to see all of the missionaries and remember our purpose and
why we are here. It was amazing to be able to learn together how we
can make our mission better. How we can help the people we are
teaching and how we can really use the love of Christ in our work.
Zone conferance also was great cause I got to see some friends I
havent seen for a long time. Like Sister M. Baker (my twin) and Sister
Casthilho and lots of other missionaries. I love how we are just one
huge family here.

This week we were also able to work alot more beacuse Sister
Mulberry's foot is doing alot better! We are still getting to know the
area, and so that means alot of walking and getting lost and walking
and getting lost. But the best way to get to know our area is getting
lost and then finding our way back. our area is HUGE. the biggest area
in our missoin. So i am thinking that there will be losts of moments
of getting lost. But, I feel alot better cause now I know where alot
of things are and how to ride the bus. I stayed in the "interior" aka
courntyside my whole mission until now. So now I feel like a smal town
girl going into the big city haha.

We are teaching a women who is AMAZING. Her name is Gilcelia. She has
a three year old sun, who is the cutest in the world. And this week
she went to ALL FOUR SESSONS OF THE CONFERANCE!! (here we all watch it
together at the church. And she even brought her husband with her for
two of them. This week we are going to prep her for baptism. She is
amazing and watching her faith grow has inspired me. She is reading
the book of mormon and really letting the gospel of Jesus Christ
change her.

I am happy for our new apostles. They seem like amazing men who have
alot of faith in our Savior. I am excited to hear their cousel in my
life.


I wanted to share with you some of the things I loved from conferance.
Henry B. Erying "have a constant quest to always have the spirit with you"
Russell M. Nelson " If you quit now, there will be others who will
have to learn what you already know."
Gregory A. Schuitcer "One man or women can make a difference....
Insipre the hearts of men."
Von G Keeth "Comandments are given by our loving and caring Heavenly
Father, as we sumit to his will. We become who he wants us to be."
Kim B Clark " We dont need to be perfect. But need to strive to be
better... Live the simple truths of the gospel."

I also loved Jeffery R. Hollands talk about our monters and the love
they have for us. I am thankful for my own mother, who has always
loved and helped me. I know her love for me and my brothers is eternal. I love my mom.

I am thankful for my mother and father, who have loved me and raised
me in the gospel.

One thing I loved about conferance is how they talked about the
importance of ALWAYS having the spirit with us. I know this is true. I
know the Lord "qualifies the people he calls" I know he will make us
who he knows we can be. When we have faith, repent, and keep on the
path.

This week I am starting the "one scripture por week challange"

Starting with 1 Nephi 3:7

I am thankful for Thomas S Monson, for our chace to hear from him this
week. And to serve in the Lord's work. I wish we could have conferance
every weekend!!!!

Xoxo,
Sister Hernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment