Monday, October 26, 2015

Following the promptings of the spirit!






This week we had a really cool experience! Sister Mulberry and I left
one of our appointments which went a little late, and we had two
appointments planned but could only choose one. We were talking to
decide because one house was close to where we were and the other was
SUPER long. The logical choice would be to choose the one closer. But
we both had a super strong feeling to go to the one longer. So we got
walking. We walked and walked and as we were walking there was a man
standing on the road outside his work. He stopped us by saying "are
you guys mormons?" We looked at him and said "yeah we are" and we got
talking. His name is Marcelo. We was baptised a longgg time ago while
he was living in São Paulo. About 5 years ago he moved here when he
sperated from his wife and fell away from the church. He said this
last week he was SUPER angry, and didnt even know why. And one of his
friends said "Marcelo you need to get yourself back to church." So he
started to pray. He was nervous and didnt know what to do.And he said
the moment we walked past it was an answer to his prayers. He gave him
a new Book of Mormon and took his information to help him get back to
church.

I left that experience overwhelmed with the spirit that I was able to
be the answer to someones prayer. The other day I heard a quote from
our beloved profeta Thomas S. Monson when he said "The greatest
feeling i know is to follow a prompting and latter find out it was the
answer to someones prayer. I hope the Lord knows, when he needs an
errand run, Tom Monson will run that errand for him." In that moment I
remembered this, and thought to myself, I also hope the Lord knows
that Arrie is here to run ANY errand the Lord has for me. I hope and
pray I can always be worthy of the spirit so he can guide me to help
the people in need.

Last week we got a referance from a member. He said he met her in an
airplane and got her address. We didnt really know alot going there,
but we had a STRONG feeling we needed to go, so we went. Her name is
Ana Clara. It turns out that a year and a half ago she was coming home
from São Paulo and sat next to this member on the airplane. And he
forgot about her until last Sunday when he gave us her info cause he
still had it. when we got there, she was in ALOT of need of a visit.
We were able to talk to her and help her with some of her problems and
also share the message of the restoration. it was amazing, and another
answer to someones prayer.

Sister Mulberry and I are doing well. Working hard and of course
lauging alot. What is work without also having fun?! I can honestly
say I am in the worlds BEST ward. I love working with the members
here. I love my mission, I am thankful for person I am becoming and my
chance to be better everyday thanks for the love and grace of my
Savior Jesus Cristo.

This week I will poderize:
2 Nephi 25:23 For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our
children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be
reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved,
after all we can do.

I am thankful to know that after all I can do. The savior makes up the
difference.

Thank you for the support and love.

LAST WEEK FOR P-DAY WE WENT SANDBOARDING, LIKE SNOWBOARDING BUT IN THE SAND!

Also, here in Brasil Natal means Christmas. So I am serving in the
city of Christmas. But it is cool cause they have lots of Chirstmas
theamed things everywhere. The 3 Kings.

ALSO I FOUND TORTILLAS AND MADE HOMEMAID JUICE.

xoxo,
Sister Hernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment