Monday, April 11, 2016

"Just tesitfy of Joseph Smith"

This week was amazing!

FIRST OFF: CONGRATS TO MY BABY BROTHER KORY!! I am so excited that you
will join the Lords army, and even better that you are coming to the
promised land, BRASIL!!! You are going to be the most amazing elder.
Watch out Brasil, the hernandez family is coming for you.

This week we had our leadership meeting that was AMAZING. I love when
we can all get together and talk about how we can become better
missionaries and a better mission. Presidente Soares was telling us
about some of the goals he has in his life, he said "I am 65 years
old. Everyday for the rest of my life, I will pray for a temple here
in Natal. And once the temple is annouced, I will come here, and we
will all come back, and know we helped these people recieve the
blessings of the temple."

Me being me just started to cry, as I thought about all the people who
I love so much here in Rio Grade do Norte. The biggeset desire of my
heart, is to have a temple here in Natal.

This week was full of teaching and trying to help people understand
the imprtance of the restored gospel.

We are teaching a young women named Sara. She is really smart. She
loves to read the bible. We started to teach the first lesson and I
was a little nervous. Cause she kept trying to throw scritpures to us
and I felt like it was going to turn into a bible bash. So i said a
prayer, I asked to help to touch her heart and help her understand WHY
we have a prophet today and WHY the book of mormon was important. I
felt the spirit tell me "just testify of Joseph Smtih"

When I started to explain the story of Joseph, I felt the spirit enter
the room. I felt the spirit guiding my words, as I explained that he
had a question and just wanted to know WHAT church was the church of
Jesus Christ. I could feel that Sara also had wonders what of all the
churchs was true. I resited the first vision, and then bore my
testimony, saying that I know Joseph Smith was called to be a prophet,
I know he saw God, the father, and Jesus Christ. I know.

The spirit was so strong as I promised her that she could also know,
if she prayed and asked.

I know this is the church of Jesus Christ.  I feel honored to serve
and testify of what I know. I am so excited for my brother Kory, and
the honor he will have doing this same service.

I love you all!

xoxo
Sister Hernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment