Monday, April 4, 2016

Conference Weekend

This week was great. It was REALLY BUSY. We had so much to do and had
to get everything done before Saturday because of conference. But it
was an amazing week of many miracles.

We got a referral! His name is Francisco. He is 29. He is an awesome
guy. He has already gone to church a few times but it was at a
different ward. Last sunday someone saw him and relaized he isnt a
member and told him there is a church that is closer to him. (our
ward) So they called us and gave us his info and we called him. We met
up with him at a park that is close to his house, on Tuesday. We
taught him the resturation and about The Book of Mormon. We had an
amazing lesson with him. At the end of the lesson we invited him to
say the closing prayer, and ask if the things we taught are true, and
if Josph Smith really was called to be a prophet. He said an amazing,
sincere prayer where he really talked with Heavenly Father and poured
his heart out to him. He said he has the desire to know and wanted to
know if the church was true though The Book of Mormon. A few days
later we were able to meet with him again, and we had one of the most
powerful lessons I have had on my mission until now. It was amazing,
the spirit was so strong. We had a member with us who bore a powerful
testiomny about how the gospel of Jesus Christ chagned his life. At
the end of the lesson Francisco prayed, and he got his answer about
the church. He knows. I know that he knows cause I am a witness that
the spirit testified to him, he knows it is true. We marked his
baptsim for this last sunday. But sadly, a few people in his life that
go to other churches talked him out of it and told him he wasnt ready
and wasnt good enough to be baptised.

We had a long serious talk with him, telling him that those things
arent true. But he got nervous and wants to wait a little longer. We
are working with him so he can be baptised this upcoming week.

We are still working with Andreza. The same thing happened with her,
that she didnt feel ready and was nervous about baptism. She started
to avoid us this week cause she got nervous, and we had NO WAY to get
in contact with her. We prayed and prayed to find a way to contact her
so we could serve her and help her feel more ready for her baptism.
Then on Thursday we go to her house and she was sick, there was no way
to run from us cause she couldnt get out of bed. We were able to talk
about her and acutally show the love we have for her. We called some
preisthood leaders who gave her a blessing, we went to the store and
bought some crackers and juice and gave her some medicne. We got to
serve her. She felt important and spcial, and I know she could feel
the love our Heavenly Father has for her.

Douglas is another man we are working with. He is 21. He has already
been taught by the sisters before when he was younger but didnt want
anything to do with the chuch cause he was just a teenageer who liked
to do teenage stuff. But we found him though another member. He was
super open with us and went to watch the conference. It was amazing.
He really liked it and we will go to his place this week so we can
teach him and his family a little more.

General Conference was AMAZING. I had alot of questions going into the
conference, of things I should do once I get home. How I can finish my
mission stronger then ever before, how I can help certin people we are
teaching, and many other things. I feel so greatful for personal
revolation, that the Lord could touch my heart through the words of
his servents. I felt so much love this weekend, I felt the love my
Savior and my Father in Heaven has for me, and how they want me to be
the best Sister Hernandez I can be. The best Arrie I can be. I am so
thankful for my chance to learn and be better.

As I say every week, being a missionary is the BEST thing. I love my
calling so much.

xoxo,
Sis. Hernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment