Monday, April 25, 2016

Alecrim










I WAS TRANSFERED. I had a feeling I would be. I was going into my last
transfer, that would only be 5 weeks. But the Lord needed me in a new
year to finish strong. I am excited. My new comp is Sister V Lopes
(BRASILEIRA WHOO!!!)  After being with Americnas so long I am excited
to be with a brasileira.  She is super sweet and we are opening our
area so we are both here excited and ready to work. We will be taking
care of ALOT of sisters. so we will be working alot and i am excited.

This week was a week of travel and leaving Urick Graff. It was sad to
say goodbye to so many people that I love. I hope to see them all
again soon.

One of the young women we were teaching in Urick Graff was traveling
when I left so we werent able to stop by and say goodbye to Sara. Out
of no where I got a call Satuerday night from Sara. The last time we
taught her she had alot of doubts. I made a deal with her and she
agreed to pray and ask if the church is true. In the phone call she
told me that she prayed, and she KNEW that the church is true. I was
SO EXCITED. I asked her what she was going to do next. she paused a
moment and said "be baptised" I asked her when... she said she didnt
know. So I said "do you want to be baptised tomorrow? and she said
YES!!! SARA WAS BAPTISED. I feel sad I couldnt be there, but so honred
I was able to help her come to know the gospel. (i attached pics of
her baptism.)

Sister V. Lopes and I got here and looked at eacher and said, lets get
to work. We have been working HARD talking to EVERYONE. We both have
the desire to change this area and make it better then it already is.
I feel so excited that I can finish my mission with new excitement
opening an area and with that faith that opening an area requries.

This week was the birthday of Sister Soares (the presidents wife) and
sister v lopes and I had the crazy idea to take a book of Mormon and
get the fav scritpure of EVERYONE o the mission and give it to her as
a present. I wish I could have recored as I called every LZ in our
mission asking them to help us. And I was so touched by the
willingness they all had to help us do this special surprise. We
called satuerday night and needed all the scrpitures sunday afternoon
and we were able to get them. I am in the worlds best mission with the
most amazing leaders.

We then were able to get a few missoinaries and throw her a little
surpise party sunday night. she was so happy to spend her birhtday
with us and i felt so happy to make her so happy. This 1.5 year away
from my mom has been hard, but i have been blessed with Sister Soares
who has been my "mission mom". I am so thankful for the amazing women
in my life, like my mother and my mission mom who who me by example
how to live the gospel and be a powerful women in the church.

I love you all so much. Have an amazing week.

here are some pics from my last area with sister miller and my new area.

some members who I love from MossorĂ³ and an action shot with Elder
Aguiar and Elder Mello.

Pics above^ sister Brown, Trage, Barbosa, Me, V. Lopes.. the surprise
party, Sis. Soares and Presidente
Saras baptism!! With Sis. Thomson (my last comp) Sister Muira, and Claudio.

No comments:

Post a Comment