Monday, March 7, 2016

Good news: I can stay in Brasil






So this week, like I said last week. I had to renew my visa. So last
monday Sis. J Baker and I traveled to Natal to renew it. It was great,
I got to see the Elders from my CTM district there. It was fun to
catch up because it has been a while since I have seen a few of them.
I love those kids.

Sister J Baker and I had to stay in Natal because we had our monthly
leadership meeting. So we spent the day in Natal visiting her old
areas (because she goes home this week to Salem Utah.) It was fun to
go back to Natal. I love that place. It is so beautiful.

The leadership meeting was great! We talked about the example we have
on the people we are teaching. and how we need to live the gospel in
order to teach it. That we need our own testimonies in order to
testify of it. How we need to be converted in order to convert
someone. I am so thankful for this, during my mission I have tried to
convert myself. To really gain an unshakable testimony of this gospel.
And I am so happy to say that I have that. I know this is the true
church of Jesus Christ because I prayed and got my answer. I know that
the scritpures are important because I read and study them and pray to
know they are true. I am so thankful for being a missionary of this
church.

This week we needed to find new people to teach. So we went on the
street and started to talk to EVERYONE. More then normal. Trying to
find some one the people god was preparing for us. We talked, walked,
talked, invited. And we found some amazing people.

We found a man named Luis who is desabled in his legs and cant walk.
when we started to talk to him he said he wanted to go to church. But
it is hard because he wouldnt be able to get himself there. So we
talked with some of the men in the ward and got a car for him, so that
he could have a ride to church. It was amazing. All the ward was able
to come together to help him feel welcomed and loved. I sat with him
on the floor cause he cant sit on the car and it was so humbling to
me. I love that being a missionry I can have these experiences to see
the life of others from their point of view. That I can feel the love
our savior has for each one of us.

I am so excited cause my brother Kory is preparing for his mission. I
cant wait for him to be where I am right now and understand the love I
feel for these people.

Have an amazing week everyone.

xoxo
Sis. Hernandez

Photos from our leadership meeting, zone meeting, and me killing a rooster.

No comments:

Post a Comment